Amanda-Users

Re: amandad busy

2002-12-30 17:57:45
Subject: Re: amandad busy
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Adnan Olia <adnan AT intradyn DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:15:35 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Adnan Olia wrote:

> I was just wondering why would amanda send a message "amandad busy".  Do I
> need to check before running amdump that would solve my problem??

Typically this means that a previous run has not yet finished.  Maybe
something got hung?  Does ps show any amanda processes running?

Another possibility is that you listed multiple filesystems from the
same client with different hostnames in disklist.  This would cause
amanda server to view them as different clients and attempt a separate
connection to each.  The second connection will find amandad already
busy from the first connection.

-Mitch