Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amrecover

2002-12-19 14:40:07
Subject: Re: Problem with amrecover
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:06:27 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 at 10:27am, John Oliver wrote

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 07:39:48PM -0600, C. Bensend wrote:
> > Hey John,
> >
> >     Notice that the error message didn't say:
> >
> > [access as amanda not allowed from root@backup]
> >
> > or
> >
> > [access as amanda not allowed from [email protected]] ?
> >
> >     I'd put my bet on you needing a line for localhost in your
> > .amandahosts file as well.
>
> That's it!  Thanks! :-)
>
> I find myself wondering, though... am I going to have to edit this file
> every time I want to back up and restore?  The docs say to have the
> amanda username in ./amadahosts, not root.  What's the story there?

Since you must run amrecover as root, .amandahosts needs an entry for that
as well as the entry for amanda for amdumps.  You can leave them both in
there, so no need to edit the file every time.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering