Amanda-Users

holding disk via nfs?

2002-12-19 11:42:05
Subject: holding disk via nfs?
From: Matthew Boeckman <matthewb AT saepio DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:10:35 -0600
Running amanda 2.4.2, and have configured for tapeless operation to spool backups to the holding disk. The holding disk is actually an NFS mounted volume on a SNAP server. Problem I'm having is how to define that 'partition'

the mount is 192.168.0.15:/amt_dump

Normally I would say something like:
holdingdisk  amt_dump {
        comment "blah"
        directory "/bkup/amanda"
        use 25 Gb
        chunksize 15Gb

Which seems fine to me. What's happening is that lvl 0's on my biggest partition are failing: amt /dev/sda9 lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than tape, but cannot incremental dump new disk]

Here's the disk usage for that partition:
/dev/sda9             122G  4.7G  111G   5%

There are 188G free on that holding disk! Why is amanda whining about this?

Will this magically go away if I upgrade to 2.4.3 and use the file: driver?

--
Matthew Boeckman                        (816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration           Saepio Technologies