Amanda-Users

can't switch to incremental dump

2002-12-18 11:15:38
Subject: can't switch to incremental dump
From: <ahall AT secureworks DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:24:51 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I have a question about one of my dumps.  I have a disk that currently has
only 32G of data.  I forced a level 0 a couple of days ago and each night
since I have received the message "can't switch to incremental dump".  My
holding disk is about 90G.  My tape is and AIT-2 tape with 50G native
capacity, with the correct tape type.  I have an AIT-2 tape in the drive.

I have looked at the sendsize output and it shows calculations for a level
4,5 and 0.  The odd thing is that the sendbackup is a level 4???

Should I use amadmin to unforce this backup?   How can I research why it
wants to run an incremental backup?

Thank you

Andrew