Amanda-Users

L9 / DLT8000, sgen, and amanda

2002-12-09 10:21:45
Subject: L9 / DLT8000, sgen, and amanda
From: "Urie, Todd" <TUrie AT trueposition DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:45:19 -0500
Has anyone used the L9 / DLT8000 on Sun systems (Solaris 8) with amanda and
sgen?  I have been trying to get this to work and have not had success.  I
can not get the sgen driver to recognize the changer device on the SCSI bus.
In fact, the changer is not even recognized by the boot prom using
'probe-scsi-all'.  I was under the impression that the L9 / DLT8000
combination should exhibit either two targets on the same bus or one target
and two LUN's.  Neither of these appear to be the case.

I have followed the directions in the various amanda doc, which are fairly
simple, but have not yielded any positive results.

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.
I have asked a similar question on the sunmanagers mailing list and searched
extensively via 'google' and other means.  All to no avail.  What am I
missing?

Thanks,
Todd Urie