Amanda-Users

Re: How do I configure Amanda 2.4.3 to backup to disk

2002-12-04 09:01:43
Subject: Re: How do I configure Amanda 2.4.3 to backup to disk
From: Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe AT carolina.rr DOT com>
To: Marc Mengel <mengel AT fnal DOT gov>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:22:27 -0500
Marc W. Mengel wrote:
You set the "tapedev" entry in amanda.conf to a value like
 tapedev  "file:/some/directory/somewhere"

-----
Marc Mengel <mengel AT fnal DOT gov>

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

  How do I configure Amanda 2.4.3 to backup to a directory or file on
the hard drive? I have looked though the documentation, and I have
searched the amanda-users archive, but I can't find any documentation on
this. Would someone clue me in please?

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies. My problem was that I had not created a data directory under the backup directory.

Sincerely,
Jason Edgecombe