Amanda-Users

Re: Can Amanda put its index on a tape?

2002-09-19 15:38:29
Subject: Re: Can Amanda put its index on a tape?
From: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:28:09 +0200
On Thu 19 Sep 02 01:10, Niall O Broin wrote:
> That'd be a nice feature, but then a lot of things about time travel might
> be nice :-) I don't think it can be done in the general case, because
> taping will usually have started before the indices would be updated.

This one's in the "possible planned features". I think its under
"file-0,file-n". If you write the index database at the _end_ of the tape,
then its alright. But Amanda's gotta have the facility for locking partition
ordering.

..Brian
--
Init Systems  -  Linux consulting
031 767-0139    082 769-2320    brian AT init.co DOT za