Amanda-Users

Re: Help please

2002-09-18 10:55:28
Subject: Re: Help please
From: "Neil" <neil-on-amanda AT restricted.dyndns DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:37:26 -0500
Hey guys, thanks for that massive replies :) Anyway, My system is FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE. I've tried reinstalling amanda but this time, using the ports and not from the the source. I think, it's almost the same as ports grabs the source file. Anyway, I modified the Makefile in /usr/ports/misc/amanda-server, specifically --with-user. Now, it's set to --with-user=amanda. I also modified the group for the amanda account in /etc/passwd using vipw. When I executed su amanda -c "amcheck Daily", it told me that the "tape is not an amanda." I search google and found out that from a thread the I should execute amlabel. I tried amlabel Daily VOL01 but that didn't work. Fortunately, it showed me a regular expressions that I should follow. So I executed it again as amlabel Daily Daily01. This time it worked. I also tried dd if=/dev/nsa0 bs=32k count=1, then I saw the headers of my tape which was AMANDA, .................. so on :) Tonight, I will try backing up a data. But I would like someone to visit my amanda.conf in http://restricted.dyndns.org/amanda.conf. I only have 1 tape drive and 1 tape. I am only doing this at home and is very determined to learn amanda. I would like to have a full backup every saturday 10pm only. No needs yet for incremental. Once I have bought new tapes, I will post here again about it. :) Btw, i did use non-rewind on my amanda.conf, I don't know if I got the right device entered there (/dev/nrsa0). So please give me some fix that I need to do on my amanda.conf Thank you very much for all the help and succeeding ones.
Neil