Amanda-Users

Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow

2002-09-04 08:03:55
Subject: Re: Question: ADIC DAT-Changer very slow
From: Stefan Hellwig <shellwig AT orga DOT com>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:41:53 +0200
Hi!

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 13:23, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> Fine, so it should realy be the chg-scsi

YES! It was! Thank you! Now that I am using chg-scsi 2.4.3b4 it works just
fine :-). Well, at least it changes the tapes now as expected. I still get a
"tape not ready" message when I do something like "amtape Daily slot 1"
to load a tape but I guess that I have to set the sleep value higher (even 90
seconds was not high enough it seems).

Thank you again for this solution!

> But you don't have to worry much about the "b" in 2.4.3b4,
> it locks rock solid and has a few nice features like auto-flushing
> leftover dumps in the holdingdisk from the last run.

Yes, this sounds good. I will try that version when I have the time. My first
goal was to get Amanda and the changer working at all... :-)

> PS: viel Erfolg aus Karlsruhe weiterhin ....

Ein Dank aus Paderborn! Es hat geklappt ;-). I owe you a beer or two :-).

Regards, Stefan.