Amanda-Users

Questions

2002-09-03 20:09:03
Subject: Questions
From: "Craig Hancock chancock AT bsd.uchicago DOT edu" <chancock AT delphi.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:57:55 -0500
After much experimentation I have finally succesfully
created an amanda backup. But I have not been able
to figure if these features are possible.

1) I currently have enabled 4 dumps at a time.
What I understand this meaning is the option
inparallel does 4 cleint dumps at a time.
If I have a disklist of 18 disk does that mean
that all 18 disk get backed up to one tape or
does that mean that every 4 disk get backed up to tape.

2) When sendszie is executed to estimate how big a directory
or disk is is it possible to have sendzie work with the process
that dumps to tape to judge if a directory is to big for that tape
and load another tape for that backup

3) Is it possible just to do fiolesize estimateions before issueing
amdump. What I am trying to accomplish is to do estimations and
have amdump pick up were it left off to save time.

4) In regards to number 1 to elevate this problem I have been doing
amdump "configureationname" partition. I am doing this for each disk
in my disk list is it possible to have certain disk go to one tape
and then push otehr disk to go on the second tape.

Thanks for all your help

Craig Hancock