ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Why is is dedup cache file not excluded by default ?

2018-02-26 10:24:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Why is is dedup cache file not excluded by default ?
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:23:04 +0100
Hi all,

I think we all agree that backing up this dedup cache fiche is useless and that
it can considered as as a best pratice to exclude it since trying to back it up
generate retries.

Stephan is right when it writes that almost nothing is excluded, except this
.TsmCacheDir directory (and system state files excluded by VSS on Windows
clients). It seems that it's not an habit.

Since the file has a name built frm know informations : DEDUPCACHEPATH option,
Server Name and Node Name, I think it could be hardocded without any risk to
exlclude any another file.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON