ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed

2018-02-18 14:46:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:44:40 -0500
Remco:

I appreciate all feedback, blunt or not.  I am relatively new to TSM but I
only work on windows client issues.  A separate team works on the TSM
storage servers and they are very experienced

The servers are loafing, they have 4 cores with 32 processors, and 384GB of
ram, not of which is anywhere near the limit.  The only bottleneck right
now is the 10GB interfaces in the exchange server and TSM storage servers
must pass through a 1GB embedded rack switch that I have been urging them
upgrade.  If we could get anywhere near 1GB network throughput on the
exchange backups that would be good.

I'm sure the storage servers are not under stress based on performance of
other backups we have running.