ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Journaling and DFS

2018-02-15 09:35:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Journaling and DFS
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:34:02 -0500
I think I know the answer to this but want to ask, just to be sure.

Am I correct that you can not use journaling for DFS mountpoints?  We have
this one DFS share that is over 20-million objects to scan each time.
Initial backup (was moved from a physical server to ISILON) ran almost a
month to backup 25TB (there are other load issues).

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator