ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] directory container compacting

2017-12-06 05:23:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] directory container compacting
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 11:21:41 +0100
Hi All,

I have a new one. I have a server with a directory container storage pool,
currently spread over two directories. One dir (the one I want to keep on
using) is 2.5 TB in size, the total amount of data is 2.2 TB, so that should
fit, right? Well, no, because a lot of the containers are only partially filled
and if I move those, the entire container, including the empty space, is moved,
not only the data. Is there a way to force TSM to reclaim the empty space?

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl