ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup to LTO7 tapes

2017-09-11 09:52:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup to LTO7 tapes
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:51:44 +0000
 Content preview:  We backup genomic data directly to LTO7 (100+ GB files are
    pretty ideal for it). I think the most important thing is that you set your
    TXNBYTELIMIT as high as possible (we do this via server-side client option
    set). You can also set the server option TXNGROUPMAX higher than the default
    of 4096 but this won't have any effect if your files are already bigger than
    TXNBYTELIMIT. [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

We backup genomic data directly to LTO7 (100+ GB files are pretty ideal for
it). I think the most important thing is that you set your TXNBYTELIMIT as
high as possible (we do this via server-side client option set). You can
also set the server option TXNGROUPMAX higher than the default of 4096 but
this won't have any effect if your files are already bigger than
TXNBYTELIMIT.

Finally, if you have a mix of large and small files, make sure the small
files end up in a FILE or DISK pool before getting migrated to tape.

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 06:23:39AM +0000, rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> A question about to backup directly to LTO7 tapes (format= ULTRIUM7C) for
> audio / video data, want to know If it?s special options to add in dsm.opt to
> improve performance.
>
> TSM client version 7.1.6.5
> TSM server version 8.1.1.0

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354