ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] sp 8.1.2

2017-08-09 11:15:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] sp 8.1.2
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 17:14:00 +0200
Hi All,

congrats to IBM for the release of TSM 8.1.2, looks like almost a major upgrade!

I'm happy to learn that 8.1.2 will support NAS backup to Directory Containers.

I do have a question regarding the new way of handeling SSL  / TLS 1.2: does it
really mean that once a B/A client is at the right level, it will switch to TSL
1.2? And will that be for all data, or only for the exchange of sensitive data
like passwords? And, what is the expected impact on the TSM server CPU if
suddenly a 1000+ clients start doing TSL?

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl