ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm for ve and backup / restore of VMs as domain controlers

2017-06-09 11:47:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm for ve and backup / restore of VMs as domain controlers
From: "Storer, Raymond" <storerr AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 15:45:29 +0000
Backup and recovery of a Domain Controller, VM or physical server, works pretty
much the same.  The only real difference comes in restoring the VM or
installing the OS from media.  Since Windows Server 2012 R2 installs so
quickly, I prefer to simply install from media.  Purely preference though.

I found the below document very helpful in describing backup and recovery of
Active Directory.  I do not know the author or the company.  I just thought it
was useful.

http://www.edeconsulting.be/downloads/WindowsServer2012ADBackupandDisasterRecoveryProcedures_V1.2.pdf

Ray