ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Cloning a TSM instance

2017-06-01 12:41:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] Cloning a TSM instance
From: David Ehresman <david.ehresman AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 16:40:11 +0000
I am running TSM 7.1.7.100 on AIX 7.1.

I have done a mksysb backup of my TSM machine and restored it to a different
but similar machine.  I've given it new tsmdbs, tsmlog, and tsmarchlog.  When I
try to do a dsmserv restore db or a dsmserv format, I get what appear to be db2
errors.  Any ideas?

prodtsm@tsmrs  /home/tsm/prodtsm/tsminst1
$ time dsmserv format dbfile=dblist activelogsize=195584
activelogdir=/tsm/tsmlog archlogdir=/tsm/tsmarchlog
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 10:48:06 on Feb  6 2017.

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX
Version 7, Release 1, Level 7.100

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2016.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 8126484.
ANR0900I Processing options file /home/tsm/prodtsm/tsminst1/dsmserv.opt.
ANR7811I Using instance directory /home/tsm/prodtsm/tsminst1.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0151W Database manager fails to start. For more information about the
failure, issue the db2start command.
ANR0171I dbiconn.c(1916): Error detected on 0:1, database in evaluation mode.
ANR0169E An unexpected error has occurred and the TSM server is stopping.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -1:58031:-1031
([IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1031N  The database directory cannot be found on the
indicated file system.  SQLSTATE=58031
).

Transaction hash table contents (slots=256):
  *** no transactions found ***

Lock hash table contents (slots=3002):
Note: Enabling trace class TMTIMER will provide additional timing info on the
following locks
  *** no locks found ***