ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO tape label problem

2017-04-03 10:48:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO tape label problem
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 14:47:27 +0000
Hi Andy,

I'm not familiar with the TS3500 library, but if TSM can see the bulk
import/export slots (definitely possible if it's SCSI-connected), then you
could do a check-in with CHECKLABEL=YES rather than CHECKLABEL=BARCODE.
This will have TSM mount each cartridge and read the tape label, rather
than trust the barcode reader.

Failing that, I wonder if you could setup a library partition to place
these volumes in, and do something similar with SEARCH=YES.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 04:14:52PM +0000, Huebner, Andy wrote:
> We have recently received a number of tapes from a remote site that have tape
> labels that are not compatible with out TS3500.  They are too long and the
> paper label does not exactly match the electronic label.
>
> We have found we can hand mount a tape and see the soft label.
>
> The problem is the soft is not a valid label for the library.  An example is
> LTO00021L, we have all of the 20 series.  Truncating leaves me with a bunch
> of LTO0002 tapes.
>
> Short of hand mounting many tapes, how can I have TSM mount and read these
> tapes?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andy Huebner

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354