ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] LTO tape label problem

2017-03-31 12:16:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] LTO tape label problem
From: "Huebner, Andy" <andy.huebner AT NOVARTIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:14:52 +0000
We have recently received a number of tapes from a remote site that have tape
labels that are not compatible with out TS3500.  They are too long and the
paper label does not exactly match the electronic label.

We have found we can hand mount a tape and see the soft label.

The problem is the soft is not a valid label for the library.  An example is
LTO00021L, we have all of the 20 series.  Truncating leaves me with a bunch of
LTO0002 tapes.

Short of hand mounting many tapes, how can I have TSM mount and read these
tapes?

Thank you,

Andy Huebner