ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail v.6.4.1. restore to pst file

2017-03-01 12:41:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail v.6.4.1. restore to pst file
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 12:39:12 -0500
Remco

PST files CAN be and have been larger.  In the old days, even though
Microsoft definitely recommended against allowing them to get larger than
2GB (because there were no repair tools) we would regularly see people with
2-4GB PST files.  This is definitely an OUTLOOK version dependent problem.

And Microsoft doesn't make it easy either:

   -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/982577/the-file-size-limits-of-.pst-and-.ost-files-are-larger-in-outlook-2010-and-outlook-2013
   -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832925/how-to-configure-the-size-limit-for-both-.pst-and-.ost-files-in-outlook
   - https://www.msoutlook.info/question/852

This is what happens when people use Outlook as an email filing and
archival system.  I'm sorry this doesn't confirm or solve the problem, but
I did hope it would shine a light on it, and perhaps prompt for more
technical details from the OP.

Mike