ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Oracle archive log backups and resourceutilization

2017-02-23 01:46:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Oracle archive log backups and resourceutilization
From: Maria Ilieva <mariika AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:44:17 +0200
Hello Richard,

we have implemented something similar to what you want onto one of ours AIX
hosts.
We have two scripts - one for files backup and one for files deletion. Both
are invoked by crontab.
The backup script do dsmc incremental onto specific directory. In the
dsm.sys we have defined include/exclude and resoureutilization:
backup script:
LOGDIR=/dsmcOutputLogDirectory
LOGFILE=$LOGDIR/BackupLog.log
BACKUP_DIR1="/FilesToBackup/"

DSM_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64
DSMC=$DSM_DIR/dsmc
DSM_LOG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client
DSM_CONFIG=$DSM_DIR/dsmNode.opt

export DSM_CONFIG DSM_LOG DSM_DIR DSMC

$DSMC incremental "$BACKUP_DIR1" >> $LOGFILE

The script for deletions queries TSM  for every single file (older than 7
days in our case) in the directory for successful backup. If the file
exists, then it's deleted. As far as the Oracle archive logs are with
unique filenames, this is a working solution.

deletion script:

WORKDIR="/BackedUpFiles/"
DSM_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64
DSMC="$DSM_DIR/dsmc"
DSM_CONFIG="$DSM_DIR/dsmNode.opt"
FIND=/usr/bin/find

export DSM_CONFIG DSM_DIR

Delete( ) {

 F=$1

 echo "Checking $F ..."

 $DSMC query backup $F -inactive
 ERR=$?

 if [ $ERR -ne 0 ]
 then
  echo "$F seems not to be backuped up. Could not be deleted!"
 else
  echo "Deleting $F... \c"
   rm $F
  echo "Done."
 fi
}

 for file in $($FIND $WORKDIR -mtime +7)
 do
        Delete "$file"
 done

You can gather log file for the delete process by defining it in the
crontab
00 * * * * /del_script.sh >> /del_script.log

Not sure if this will help if you don't have enough space to hold the
archive logs.

Best Regards,
Maria