ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] rebinding of objects

2017-02-21 08:07:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] rebinding of objects
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:05:37 +0100
Hello,

I'm well aware of the rebinding of objects in case of an incremental backup.
Well documented and proven.
But what I'm not so sure about is the case of rebinding when using API-calls,
especially in this case for Exchange and MS-SQL.
You have to use the VSSPOLICY statement to place the backups in the right
MGMT-Class, now face this situation:
Customer wants to perform monthly and yearly backups of its databases, done as
copy-backups thus not breaking the full and incremental daily backups.
ONE VSSPOLICY states to place the copy-backup into a MONTH-MGMT-class, the
other VSSPOLICY states to place the copy-backup into a YEAR-MGMT-class
Both policies will be in different tdp*.cfg files and are used during the tdp-
backup by option /configfile.

Will there be a rebindung of the old copy-backups when the respective other
tdp*.cfg file is used for a backup?

--
Michael Prix