ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Database impact of storage pool convertion

2017-02-02 09:12:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] Database impact of storage pool convertion
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:10:06 +0100
Hi list,

Impact on the database size and activty is less when using directory container
storage pools (NextGen) compared to using deduplication enabled file storage
pools (Legacy).

My question is about database size (and activity) during and after the
converrstion from  deduplication enabled file storage pools to directory
container storage pools using the CONVERT STG command.

How does the database size evolve ? Does it grow during the process and then
reduces ? Does it remains stable ? And how about I/O activity ?

Thanks for feedback
--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON