ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux

2017-01-31 16:52:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux
From: ".Maurizio TERUZZI" <maurizio.teruzzi AT BLUEWIN DOT CH>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 22:50:48 +0100
Hello,

I agreed with previuos opinions but my management insist at least for
the test TSM server on CentOS (or other free distr).

I tryed TSM server version 7.1.x and 8.1.x and I'm facing on the same
problem because of non-support on both relase verification (Install
Manager).

Anyone can help to go further with this?

* [ERROR] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server 7.1.7.20160907_1803 contains
validation errors.
     1. ERROR: The operating system where you are installing the
product is not supported. For more information, see
http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr/platforms.html.

Same kind of message for v8.1.x.

Some years ago I changed a parameter to installa a Oracle DB on a
unsopported distr but I don't remember how I procedes, this works years
without problems.

Current system:
lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    :core-4.1-ia32:core-4.1-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Release:        7.3.1611
Codename:       Core

Thanks