ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Thinking about replicate node command RFE, feedback welcome

2017-01-30 03:51:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Thinking about replicate node command RFE, feedback welcome
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:50:15 +0100
Hi all,

I'm thinking about creating an RFE for the replicate node command but I was
wondering if I might be missing something so obvious that my RFE would be
nonsense.

I try to create setups without and errors or warnings from housekeeping
scripts.
I also try to work with opt-out mechanisms as much as possible for
customers that agree to use that backup philosophy.

When you build a two-way replicating Spectrum Protect setup using node
replication (with or without protect stgpool) you get a LOT of errors of
this type.

ANR2728E REPLICATE NODE: Node <Nodename> cannot be replicated because it is
not in the SEND or SENDSYNC mode.

You either have to use nodegroups, single nodes or accept these messages,
this doesn't work with an opt-out policy.
Why isn't there a replicate node option like with move drmedia where you
can say something like wherereplstate=SEND,SENDSYNC.

Do you guy's think that would be worth an RFE?

Regards,
   Stefan