ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: protect stg + replicate node

2017-01-13 06:05:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: protect stg + replicate node
From: Sasa Drnjevic <Sasa.Drnjevic AT SRCE DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:03:55 +0100
On 13.1.2017. 9:17, Conny Landstedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The same target container pool for both PROTECT STG and REPLICATE
> NODE, otherwise the whole concept of combining them fails.
>
> This IBM Technote goes further into the matter
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21978041
>
> Best regards Conny Landstedt

Hi,
and thank you for the link.

The following is clearly stated in that IBM Technote:

"It is perfectly possible to replicate objects from a source container
pool to a target traditional VOLUME based storage pool (such as tape)."

My question - is it possible to replicate the other way around?

>From traditional VOLUME based storage pool as a source to a target
container pool?

At the moment we are replicating from a traditional VOLUME based storage
pool (DISK and TAPE) to another remote location traditional DISK based
storage pool.

But, I would like to replace the target stg pool with the container pool
to save disk space at the remote location.

Thank you.

--
Sasa Drnjevic
www.srce.unizg.hr