ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Broken Drive

2016-09-21 11:18:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Broken Drive
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:16:48 +0200
Hello,

memories of the times when tape drives were horribly expensive and one could
only afford 1 drive. Create a diskpool, add that pool as reclamationtarget in
the tapepool and let the reclamation work. Size the diskpool accordingly to
hold all data.
After the tape is empty, start a migration of the diskpool back to the
tapepool.

Same scheme applies for a VTL, but for a higher price.