ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading servers from 6.3 to 7.1

2016-09-21 01:44:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading servers from 6.3 to 7.1
From: Steven Harris <steven.j.harris.57 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:42:31 +1000
Not necessarily Zoltan

Do your two Library managers clients to each other?  If so then yes, you
have to upgrade both at once.  However if they do not then you can do each
separately.

I have a similar setup, but the two LMs offsite each other's database
backups using server-to-server rather than remotely mounted tapes.  Since
they are LMs-only the databases are quite small.

By using server-to-server I get around the mutual dependency.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Subject Matter Expert,
Canberra Australia

Looking for work, contract, permanent, or consulting
Steve  at stevenharris dot info