ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help with DFS backups

2016-09-08 15:46:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help with DFS backups
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 15:44:11 -0400
We were able to determine it was a rights issue on the Isilon system.  TSM
needs root-level access.

However, our current problem is how TSM backs things up when using DFS
mounts.  Eventhough we specifically say to backup "\\rams.adp.vcu.edu\vpa\vp
administration\*", the only filesystem TSM sees and registers when it backs
up is the highest level, that being "\\rams.adp.vcu.edu\vpa" - it ignores
the "vp administration" sub-directory/folder.

Does anyone out there have experience with backing up DFS with TSM?  Is
this the way it is going to be?   This is back to each
department/group/area wanting total control over backup/restore of their
"shares".