ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.6 binary truncated?

2016-07-08 06:28:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.6 binary truncated?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 06:27:31 -0400
Hi Markus,

Not a direct answer to your comment, but for what it's worth, Fix Central
is IBM's strategic delivery vehicle for maintenance (not including licensed
products obtained from Passport Advantage). If you use Download Director on
Fix Central to obtain fixes, it has features to ensure the integrity of the
downloaded file. See the following information

http://www6.software.ibm.com/dldirector/doc/DDfaq_en.html#Q_A2

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
https://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/product/tivoli/tivoli_storage_manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/landing/welcome_ssgsg7.html

Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2016-07-08
01:15:04:

> From: Markus Engelhard <markus.engelhard AT BUNDESBANK DOT DE>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2016-07-08 02:05
> Subject: TSM 7.1.6 binary truncated?
>
> Dear experts,
>
> Checksum is a great idea! I opened a RFE a couple of days ago not being
> aware that IBM does deliver a checksum (just does not state which ;-()
> when downloading from the Passport site via http. One more enhancement
> would be to deliver the checksum via a secondary transport method e.g.
via