ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] v7 upgrade woes

2016-06-07 15:53:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] v7 upgrade woes
From: "Ribeiro, Ricardo" <Ricardo.Ribeiro AT SCHWAB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 19:51:01 +0000
These are the steps that will let you monitor the progress...

nohup /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv insertdb sesswait=60 >insert.out 2>&1 &

Monitor the output of the process. Verify that the DSMSERV INSERTDB process has
issued the following message before continuing to the next step:
ANR1336I INSERTDB: Ready for connections from the source server
Issue the following command to monitor the process output in the insert.out
file:
tail -f insert.out

(12)  Start the extraction from the original server. Specify the TCP/IP address
and port for the V6.3 server. Direct the output of the process to a file for
monitoring:
run as root ID
nohup /usr/tivoli/tsm/upgrade/bin/dsmupgrd extractdb hladdress=10.xxx.xxx.xxx
lladdress=1500 >extract.out 2>&1 &
nohup /usr/tivoli/tsm/upgrade/bin/dsmupgrd extractdb hladdress=127.0.0.1
lladdress=1500 >extract.out 2>&1 &

Monitor the processes for errors and warning messages, and for items that you
might need to take action on:
tail -f extract.out

(13) Ensure you get something similar to this message:
ANR0900I Processing options file /home/tsminst1/dsmserv.opt.
ANR0921I Tracing is now active to file server.trace.
ANR7811I Using instance directory /home/tsminst1.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 13052 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 143352 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
ANR0352I Transaction recovery complete.
ANR1635I The server machine GUID,
00.00.00.00.9f.fb.11.db.94.98.08.63.0a.65.cd.15, has initialized.
ANR2283I Database backup trigger defined, but is disabled.
ANR4726I The NAS-NDMP support module has been loaded.
ANR8440E Initialization failed for SCSI library DD565LIB; will retry in 2
minute(s).
ANR8440E Initialization failed for SCSI library LANFREELIB; will retry in 2
minute(s).
ANR4029I EXTRACTDB: Database checkpoint started.
ANR4030I EXTRACTDB: Database checkpoint completed.
ANR0610I EXTRACTDB started by ADMINISTRATOR as process 1.
ANR8214E Session open with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx failed due to connection refusal.
ANR0454E Session rejected by server $UPGRADETARGET$, reason: Communication
Failure.
ANR1396E EXTRACTDB: Process 1, database extract, has completed with errors.
ANR1383I EXTRACTDB: Found 0 database objects.
ANR1384I EXTRACTDB: Processed 0 database objects.
ANR1385I EXTRACTDB: Skipped 0 empty database objects.
ANR1386I EXTRACTDB: Failed to process 0 database objects.
ANR1387I EXTRACTDB: Processed 0 database records.
ANR1388I EXTRACTDB: Read 0 database pages.
ANR1389I EXTRACTDB: Wrote 0 bytes.
ANR1390I EXTRACTDB: Elapsed time was 0:00:01.
ANR1391I EXTRACTDB: Throughput was 0.00 megabytes per hour.
ANR1394E EXTRACTDB: Failed to start or failed to complete successfully.
s0017pdv root@/home/tsminst1
->

ANR0478W Session request refused. Server is running in standalone mode.
ANR1336I INSERTDB: Ready for connections from the source server. Remaining
time: 0:56:00
ANR1337I A DBBACKUP trigger has been removed.
ANR1379I INSERTDB: Read 86,445,332 bytes and inserted 378,967 database entries
in 0:00:00 (0.00 megabytes per hour).
Database Upgrade.
ANR1305I Disk volume /dev/rtsmcxdsklv1 varied online.
ANR0409I Session 1 ended for server $UPGRADETARGET$ (AIX).
ANR1382I EXTRACTDB: Process 1, database extract, has completed.
ANR1383I EXTRACTDB: Found 118 database objects.
ANR1384I EXTRACTDB: Processed 59 database objects.
ANR1385I EXTRACTDB: Skipped 59 empty database objects.
ANR1386I EXTRACTDB: Failed to process 0 database objects.
ANR1387I EXTRACTDB: Processed 788,564 database records.
ANR1388I EXTRACTDB: Read 35,110 database pages.
ANR1389I EXTRACTDB: Wrote 140,828,690 bytes.
ANR1390I EXTRACTDB: Elapsed time was 0:02:30.
ANR1391I EXTRACTDB: Throughput was 3216.00 megabytes per hour.

Good luck!