ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Percent Total Space Saved calculation

2016-04-21 05:37:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] Percent Total Space Saved calculation
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 09:35:48 +0000
I Guys

I tried to figure with version TSM server 7.1.5 and the compression feature is
On , on a stg pool of type directory.

How the percent of a Total Space Saved is calculated  in my case 58.26%

The command  Q STG DEDUPCONTAINER f=d   show:

sm: TSMREP>q stg dedup* f=d

                   Storage Pool Name: DEDUPCONTAINER
                   Storage Pool Type: Primary
                   Device Class Name:
                   Storage Type: DIRECTORY
                   Estimated Capacity: 10,240 G
                  Space Trigger Util:
                  Pct Util: 3.5
                Delay Period for Container Reuse: 0
                 Deduplicate Data?: Yes
                Processes For Identifying Duplicates:
                Compressed: Yes
               Deduplication Savings: 166,578 M (18.89%)
              Compression Savings: 339 G (48.54%)
               Total Space Saved: 502 G (58.26%)

If I run a select * for stgpools got only the SPACE_SAVED_MB and not the
percent.

Any ideas ???

Best Regards

Robert