ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Reducing the size of the active log

2016-04-12 12:25:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Reducing the size of the active log
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:11:14 -0400
One of my servers has issued backing up the DB and my research points to my
making ACTIVELOGSIZE bigger than the filesystemsize - 20%.

As I understand it, all I need to do is make the number smaller and restart
the server, twice.

This document:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_6.4.1/com.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/t_act_log_size_decrease.html

is a little confusing since it makes this statement:

*For example, to reduce the active log by 8 GB, enter the following server
option:*

*dsmserv activelogsize 8000*

Can I safely assume these are simply typos or am I missing something?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator