ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] missing dsmlicense

2016-04-06 11:24:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] missing dsmlicense
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:21:23 +0000
Charles, et al:
  Been dealing with this type of issue on the various TDP software packages for
years.  Best I can tell, the licensing people had their own sense of
version/release/level/sub-level, and so we would often have to install older
versions of the TDP software then upgrade to the version we wanted OR extract
the license file from the old installer and apply it post-new install.

  Now that IBM has discarded the version/release/level/sub-level model, I only
expect this incongruency to only get worse.  Until, of course, it gets better
;-)

Robert Talda
EZ-Backup Systems Engineer
Cornell University