ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone using TSM Snapdiff support (linux and windows) to backup ONTAP CDOT 8.3

2016-03-17 23:39:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anyone using TSM Snapdiff support (linux and windows) to backup ONTAP CDOT 8.3
From: Sameer Veer <sveer AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 21:36:23 -0600
Hello Paul,

Earlier this month, for one of my customers, I configured NetApp snapshot-assisted progressive incremental functionality ('incremental -snapdiff' command) for "cluster mode" on the ONTAP CDOT 8.3 for both Windows and Linux shares successfully.

We used TSM B/A client 7.1.4.2 for this configuration. Refer to this Techdoc for TSM B/A client supported levels:

In summary:
- Spectrum Protect Client 7.1.2 (or higher) supports ONTAP 8.1.y & 8.2.y where y is 0 or higher (8.2 both 7-mode and c-mode)
- Spectrum Protect Client 7.1.3 (or higher) supports ONTAP 8.3.y c-mode in addition to the above
- Spectrum Protect Client 7.1.4 (or higher) similar to 7.1.3

Regards,

Sameer R. Veer
Senior Managing Consultant, Services Delivery
IBM Systems | Storage Software Solutions
Storage Services Offerings

sveer AT us.ibm DOT com
Cell Phone:+1 607 343 0996