ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client support

2016-03-09 15:02:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client support
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 14:59:57 -0500
Hi Chris,

The last product version that supported Windows 2000 was 5.3.6. You can
find the downloads here (latest and suggested level is 5.3.6.7):

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v5r3/Windows/Win2000/v536/

Newer product versions were never supported with Windows 2000, and you
should not attempt to install or use those.

Although we do not provide technical support for the EOS client versions,
and this combination of client and server has likely never been tested, in
theory it should work at least at the 5.3 functional level. Newer function
that requires later client levels of course will not work. And as I'm sure
you know by know, it is "use at your own risk".

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
https://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/product/tivoli/tivoli_storage_manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/landing/welcome_ssgsg7.html

Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2016-03-09
13:54:18:

> From: Chris McKay <chris.mckay AT YCDSB DOT CA>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2016-03-09 13:59
> Subject: TSM client support
>
> Hi there,
>
> We are currently running TSM server version 6.3.4.200 and the majority of
> our Windows client nodes are running version 6.4. We do have a few old
> Windows 2000 server nodes running version 5.2.2.0 of the B\A client. I
plan
> on upgrading the TSM server to version 7.1.4 in the near future, but
expect
> to have issues with these particular nodes running the 5.2.2.0 client.
Will