ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] amazon storage gateway vtl and tsm

2016-02-04 16:19:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] amazon storage gateway vtl and tsm
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:17:32 -0500
I suggest you talk to your IBM rep and ask them about TSM support for amazon S3
storage.  IMHO, using a VTL gateway in front of S3 will cause high egress fees
(i.e., when you do reclaim processing for the vtl volumes).  Storing directly
into S3 would be (again, IMHO) more cost-effective.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521