ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] When can too many disk volumes be detrimental

2016-01-28 11:41:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] When can too many disk volumes be detrimental
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:38:43 -0500
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Ryder, Michael S <
michael_s.ryder AT roche DOT com> wrote:

> Did you follow the docs and disable RHEL's read-ahead
> caching?  If so, you may want to consider enabling it.

Mike,

Can you expand on your statement about RHEL read-ahead cache and some
tuning/config document you refer to?   We were unaware of such a document
(or config value).  The RHEL read-ahead cache is set to the default of
128K.  Currently all caching is via PERC.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator