ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.1.300 OC monitoring user

2015-10-09 07:56:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.1.300 OC monitoring user
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 13:55:17 +0200
Hi All,

We’ve got TSM OC running for about 3 months now I guess and I noticed something
strange this week. On Monday I saw that 2 servers were reported as down by the
OC. So I checked the Hub server log and noticed a lot of ANR0454E messages:
"reason 199 - Authentication of administrator credentials failed”. So I
foolishly thought I’d best reset the password of the OC monitoring user and
indeed, a few minutes later the OC showed all servers as available. Btw. the OC
user is not managed in the configuration manager.

Today I saw that again these 2 servers were reported as unavailable in the OC…
and again a lot of ANR0454E messages. So I checked the actlog on the hub server
and noticed the following:

until I reset the PW on Monday these 2 and a third server were logging ANR0454E…
Then the OC service started logging ARR0418W … incorrect password messages for
the monitoring user id
And now since yesterday evening the ANR0454E messages started again

So apparently the OC monitoring user’s password that I had recorded wasn’t
correct. Now, the question: how do I fix this? How do I make sure that the
monitoring user’s password gets reset on all levels and doesn’t get out of sync.

All of our servers are Windows servers and part of the same windows domain, all
clocks are synchronized to the domain controllers.

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl