ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include

2015-10-01 14:39:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:37:07 -0400
Hi Zoltan,

I think the documentation around include/exclude wildcarding is very confusing,
but here is what I think you need to do:

include ?:\Software\ClickCommerce\Backup\...\*  15DAYS

While I cannot find anything in the manuals that indicate that a "*" won't work
for the drive letter, all of their examples use "?" when wildcarding the drive
letter.  Also, the "..." is important if you want to catch all files in
subdirectories under "Backup", and not just the files in "Backup" itself.  Also
note that the directory objects themselves are assigned to a management class
via DIRMC, or if none is specified, then the management class having the
longest RETONLY in that Policy Domain.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521