ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] very low dedup percent on TDP for SAP archives

2015-09-15 13:35:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] very low dedup percent on TDP for SAP archives
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:34:43 +0000
Hi to all

We had to move our clients with TDP for SAP oracle 6.2.1 from our Data Domain
to a new storage V7000 with RTC.

This Storage V7000_1 is configure with dedup and only from the server side

Our policy looks like:

1.Once a week the SAP is DOWN OFFLINE and an ARCHIVE for The fs is taken (fie
level)
2..Every day there is a FULL backup of TDP for SAP
3..Monthly is ALSO a Full TDP for SAP

4..All SAP clients ( TDP and F.S) are backup to the same storage pool V7000_1

In dsmverv.opt we have the configuration:

numopenvolsallowed 200

DedupTier2FileSize            100

DedupTier3FileSize            400

ServerDedupTxnLimit       2000

Our devclass looks like:

tsm: ADSM2>q devc fileclassv7000

Device                              Device              Storage     Device
            Format       Est/Max          Mount

Class                                  Access              Pool            Type
                    Capacity      Limit

Name                               Strategy           Count
                                          (MB)

---------                            ----------             -------
---------                   ------           --------                 ------

FILECLASSV7000       Sequential           2                   FILE
         DRIVE      51,200.0            4,096

I saw a new parameter on register node call: (Leave it at default  YES)

Split Large Objects: Yes  (default)

My problem after a lot of full archives got a very LOW dedup percent. Here an
output of a script

tsm: ADSM2>run dedupreport

Stgpool on Adsm2 server                REPORTING_MB before Dedup in GB
 LOGICAL_MB after Dedup in GB                       Saved space in GB
            Saved in %
--------------------------------             ----------------------------------
                             ----------------------------------
             ----------------------------------     -----------
V7000_1                                                   23685.36
                                                    22079.84
                                                   1605.52
                          6

Our SAP clients are configured in utl files with:

MULTIPLEXING          1
RC_COMPRESSION   NO

>From the TSM server all clients are with:      Compression: No

Any ideas ? Maybe missed something ?