ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Different management class

2015-08-18 09:54:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Different management class
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:52:46 -0500
On 08/18/2015 07:43 AM, Henrik Ahlgren wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Robert Ouzen wrote:
>
>> I think I found the solution, to change on the backup copy group on the
>> management class  mgtest1 the copy mode to absolute.
>>
>> Run an incremental backup  , the pst will be rebound and store to the
>> correct storage pool and put back the copy mode to modified
>
> No need to do that. MOVE NODEDATA can be used to move the backups from
> one storagepool to another.

What that won't do, though, is move _only_ the .pst files.  The smallest
granularity for MOVE NODEDATA is an entire filespace.

I don't think there is an actual full solution for this situation; you have
to choose between leaving the already-backed-up .pst files where they are,
moving them and any other data in those filespaces to the storage pool
desired for the .pst files, or back up the .pst files again (either via the
absolute setting described above or via a selective backup of just the .pst
files) and lose a previous version in TSM.

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa