ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Dedup question

2015-08-03 22:25:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Dedup question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 02:13:17 +0000
Hello All

I have now in my TSM environment  few storages with  deduplication ON. The
deduplication is  done on the server side by identity and reclamation process/

In my organization we have lot of data types as word, excel, PowerPoint ,text
file , pst  etc etc …. Also audio , video …

Lot of TDP’s as for Sap , Oracle , Sql , Exchange , VE and lots of O.S as AIX ,
Linux, Windows , Mac.

The default in dsmserv.opt is for those parameters:

Þ    Deduptier2Filesize      100

Þ    Deduptier3Filesize      400
I got suggestion to change it to:

Þ    Deduptier2Filesize      200

Þ    Deduptier3Filesize      1000
I wonder if anybody have experience with dedup and those parameters ?

Any other suggestion will be welcome.

Best Regards

Robert Ouzen