ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Mountpoints configuration

2015-06-14 01:18:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Mountpoints configuration
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 05:16:45 +0000
Hi to all

I have a question about using mountpoints drive instead of specific drives for
TSM DB in Windows server environment .

For years used several letters configuring my DB space.

Meaning for 800GB DB , I configured 4 drives as:

?     E:\DB01  (200GB)

?     F:\DB02  (200GB)

?     G:\DB03 (200GB)

?     H:\DB04 (200GB)

But now I am short of letters on my Widows server , so thinking of using
mountpoints instead as:

Adding 800GB to the Windows server with letter W:

On it doing the process of mountpoints as:

?     W:\DB01

?     W:\DB02

?     W:\DB03

?     W:\DB04

And last step doing a:    dsmserv restore db todate=today on=dbdir.file

When on dbdir.file I have the list :

?     W:\DB01

?     W:\DB02

?     W:\DB03

?     W:\DB04

Anybody have experience with this kind of configuration , impact on performance
etc etc …

T.I.A, Best Regards

Robert Ouzen