ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Documenting TSM

2015-05-27 10:18:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Documenting TSM
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 14:17:11 +0000
DR documentation presents special problems in at least two respects.

You will need to ensure that DR documentation survives the type of disaster
covered by the documentation. Depending on your employer's policies and
infrastructure, this may entail treating DR documentation as an exception to
normal policies governing storage of online documentation.

The level of detail in DR documentation should allow for the unpleasant
possibility of having the procedure carried out by consultants familiar with
the relevant products but not familiar with your site's local conventions. I
still remember the occasion some years ago when two groups of IS staff arrived
at the machine room at the same time to work on unrelated problems. One group
consisted of both Unix administrators on the IS Department payroll at the time.
The other group consisted of the primary TSM administrator (me) and a co-worker
who was both the backup TSM administrator and the primary system administrator
for the MVS system that hosted the TSM server.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University