ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE password problem only when LANFREE enabled??

2015-05-18 11:51:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE password problem only when LANFREE enabled??
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:49:52 -0400
That sounds kinda like the problem but I am already running TSM Storage
Agent 6.3.3.2 (the fix is to use SA 6.3 or greater).   Here are the
versions I currently have installed:

TSM Storage Agent  6.3.3.2
TSM for VE              7.1.1.0
TSM Client               7.1.1.0

Do you think upgrading any of these would help?  The APAR also states this
will be fixed in 7.1.3  but the latest I see for download is 7.1.2.0 right
now.

Local fix

   -

   Upgrade Tivoli Storage Agent to versions v6.3 or higher

Problem summary

   -

   * USERS AFFECTED:                                              *
   * Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments versions     *
   * 6.3, 6.4 and 7.1 running on all Microsoft Windows and Linux  *
   * x86_64 platforms                                             *
   * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:                                         *
   * See ERROR DESCRIPTION                                        *
   * RECOMMENDATION:                                              *
   * This issue is projected to be fixed in the Tivoli Storage    *
   * Manager Client on Windows and Linux x86_64  in levels 6.4.3  *
   * and 7.1.3                                                    *
   * Note 1: The Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Client is a         *
   * prerequisite to using the Data Protection for VMware. In     *
   * Data Protection for VMware environments, the TSM Client is   *
   * also known as the data mover.                                *
   * Note 2: This is subject to change at the discretion of IBM.  *