ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] installing new tsm server, which is most stable

2015-04-23 16:55:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] installing new tsm server, which is most stable
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:53:39 -0500
The 7.1.1.100 release had a bug where it would favor copy pool
volumes over local volumes for restores. This may not be an issue
unless you have copy pool volumes(virtual volumes) on a remote TSM
server like I do. To fix this issue IBM supplied me with 7.1.1.104
and I've been running it for several months with no issues. So, I
would assume 7.1.1.100 would be fine unless you have remote copy
pools. Version 7.1.2 was recently released but I haven't had a chance
to try it.

TSM for VE is a great product but it is a pain to set up properly.
The performance of your TSM server can be greatly impacted by TSM/VE
if you're using real tape drives and you don't to segregate the VM
control information into a pool that never migrates to tape.

I hope this helps you decide which version to run.

Rick