ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 4 VE proxy crash

2015-04-13 11:31:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 4 VE proxy crash
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:30:04 +0200
Hi All,

I’ve been struggling with a TSM4VE issue for the past few weeks and so far IBM
has been unable to help me. We’re running TSM4VE on a virtual machine and made
the mistake of having that VM make a VM backup of itself. Ever since, even now
the VM is no longer included in the VM backups TSM attempts to detach the VM’s
own active disks from the VM. Of course this is successful, but a windows VM
without a system disk crashes within seconds. This only happens during
scheduled backups that run as ’local system’, not when I attempt a VM backup
manually using my own user account.

My hypothesis is that TSM somehow retains information about which disks is has
hot-added to the VE proxy, but I don’t know where or how. And apparently, nor
does my support engineer. How do I, apart from completely reinstalling the VE
proxy, cleanup this mess?

This all is TSM 6.4.2.0 and TSM4VE 6.4.2.0 on windows 2008 r2.

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl