ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1468E On Certain Windows Operating Systems

2015-04-03 05:03:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1468E On Certain Windows Operating Systems
From: Sven Seefeld <sven.seefeld AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 09:17:40 +0200
Hi Zoltan,

One of my Windows admins has come to me with this problem on a new Windows
2012 server.  Yes they are running the latest client,

The symptoms seem to be this problem:

They have run through all of the processes in this document and everything
is working as it should (except the backup).

The statement "TSM uses VSS to back up system state, but VSS runs into
errors if the 100 MB System Reserved Partition is offline."

brings up the question about the 100MB value since this partition on this
machine, while it is online, is 99MB.

Does this matter and could it be the cause of these problems?
no, the "automount disable" is the root cause.
If you're not doing any VMware Backups, turn it back on.
We have the same issue on the VMware TDP Datamovers, so I wrote a little script to automatically enable / "online voume" the 100MB partition every time windows boots (scheduled task). Not perfect, but working.

Best regards,

  Sven